Word of Faith International Christian Center / Keith Butler Ministries and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“we” or “WOFICC”) provide the information and services on its Internet/World Wide Web/Satellite site(s) (the “Site”) and on its social media pages (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) (the “Social Media”), under the following terms and conditions listed herein, and as applicable to each. By accessing and/or using the Site and/or Social Media, you (“you” or “User”) are indicating your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Access to and use of the Site or Social Media is subject to all applicable international, federal, state and local laws and regulations. User agrees not to use the Site or Social Media in any way, which violates such laws or regulations.
- COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS. The material featured on or through the Site, and if posted by WOFICC on the Social Media, is the property of WOFICC, and is protected by copyright, patent, trademark, and/or other intellectual property laws unless otherwise indicated. Users may not copy, create derivative works, display, distribute, license, modify, publish, sell, transmit, or otherwise use any information available on or through the Site or Social Media for commercial purposes. Users may not use the logos, service marks and/or trademarks (“Marks”) for any purpose without the written permission of WOFICC or such third party that may own the Marks.
- TAMPERING. User agrees not to add to, delete, modify, move or otherwise tamper with the information contained on the Site or Social Media. User also agrees not to decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or unlawfully use or reduce any of the software, copyrighted or trademarked material, trade secrets, or other proprietary information contained in the Site or Social Media.
- THIRD PARTY INFORMATION. Although WOFICC monitors the information on the Site and Social Media, some of the information is supplied by independent third parties. WOFICC makes no warranty as to the accuracy of any such information. If User wants to reproduce material that is identified as being the copyright of a third party, User must obtain authorization to do so from the copyright holders concerned.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES. As a convenience only, the Site and/or Social Media may contain links that will let you access other websites that are not under the control of WOFICC. WOFICC does not endorse any of these sites. WOFICC assumes no responsibility or liability for any material that may be accessed on other websites reached through the Site or Social Media, nor does WOFICC make any representation regarding the privacy practices, content or service contained at any such site.
- LINKS FROM THIRD PARTY SITES. WOFICC prohibits unauthorized links to the Site or Social Media and reserves the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames. WOFICC has no responsibility or liability for any material on other websites that may contain links to the Site or Social Media.
- DISCLAIMER AS TO POSTED COMMENTS OR IMAGES. Posted comments and images on the Site or Social Media that are not created by WOFICC do not necessarily represent the views of WOFICC. External, non- WOFICC links on the Site or Social Media do not constitute official endorsement by WOFICC. While we encourage our community to share thoughts and opinions, we expect that this will be done in a respectful manner. WOFICC may not agree with or endorse every comment that individuals post on the Site or Social Media. Our goal is to share ideas and information with as many individuals as possible and our policy is to accept the majority of comments shared by our community.
- POSTINGS SUBJECT TO DELETION. A comment or posting on the Site or Social Media will be deleted if it contains:
- Hate speech;
- Profanity, obscenity or vulgarity;
- Nudity, including nudity in profile pictures;
- Defamation to a person or people;
- Name calling and/or personal attacks;
- Comments whose main purpose is to sell a product or service;
- Comments that infringe on copyrights, trademarks, patents or other forms of intellectual property;
- Spam comments, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile;
- Comments in support or opposition of any social, political or personal cause, including specific political candidates and/or ballot measures;
- Personally identifiable/sensitive personal information; and
- Other comments that WOFICC, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate.
All links posted as comments on WOFICC’s Site or Social Media will be reviewed and may be deleted by WOFICC in its sole discretion. Repeated or egregious violations of WOFICC’s guidelines may cause the author or user to be blocked from the Site or Social Media. We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. We may not see every inappropriate comment right away, and we are trusting in the maturity of our community to refrain from inappropriate comments, to ignore personal attacks and negative speech and to respond to comments politely.
- NO WARRANTIES. Information and documents provided on the Site and Social Media are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. WOFICC uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site and Social Media; it does not, however, make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or completeness. WOFICC periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the information and documents on the Site and Social Media without notice. WOFICC assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site and Social Media. Your use of the Site and Social Media is at your own risk. The information on the Site and Social Media is for the convenience of users.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WOFICC BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO USER, INCLUDING ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA, EVEN IF WOFICC WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- PRIVACY. Protecting the privacy of our clients and users of our Site and Social Media is important to WOFICC. WOFICC reserves the right to gather information relating to such usage. Any information gathered is primarily for internal use to allow WOFICC to refine and improve WOFICC’s customer service. Where disclosure of information to a third party is likely, WOFICC will, where possible, endeavor to ensure that this is clearly indicated. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL DATA; RIGHT TO USE. User acknowledges and agrees that by providing WOFICC with any personal information through the Site or Social Media, User consents to the transmission of such personal user information over international borders as necessary for processing in accordance with WOFICC’s standard business practices. In addition, if the user chooses to leave comments or post items on the Site or Social Media (e.g., in user forums), he or she is granting WOFICC a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unlimited, royalty-free right and license to edit, revise, post and re-post such items or comments, and to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute such items or comments in any format or type of media.
- ACCESS TO PASSWORD PROTECTED/SECURE AREAS. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site or Social Media is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized access to such areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution.
- PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. WOFICC respects the intellectual property rights of others and we expect you to do the same. We do not allow users to post content that violates someone else’s intellectual property rights.
If you believe that someone has copied your work, and that it constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our copyright agent with the written information specified below. This procedure is used exclusively for copyright infringement notification, and not for other alleged violations.
Information you should provide to our copyright agent includes the following:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the website;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Please send notice of alleged copyright infringement to WOFICC’s copyright agent at the following address: Word of Faith International Christian Center / Keith Butler Ministries, Attn: Legal Affairs, 20000 W. Nine Mile Road, Southfield, MI 48075.
● TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT POLICIES. As with copyrights, WOFICC respects the trademarks and service marks of others, and expects its users to do so as well. You should not use a company or business name, logo, or other trademark-protected materials in a manner that may mislead or confuse others with regard to brand or business affiliation.
If we receive a report of a trademark violation from a holder of a federal trademark registration, we will review the account and may take the following actions:
- When there is a clear intent to mislead others through the unauthorized use of a trademark, WOFICC will block the user’s use of the WOFICC page and notify the user.
- When we determine that an account appears to be confusing users, but is not purposefully passing itself off as the trademarked good or service, we may give the user an opportunity to clear up any potential confusion. We may also block a user or username from using Social Media.
In order to investigate an alleged trademark violation, please provide us with the following information:
- The allegedly infringing username;
- Your name, title, address, phone number, fax number, email address, and company name;
- Your username;
- The relevant website(s) of the infringer and you, if applicable;
- Your trademarked word, symbol, logo, etc.;
- Your trademark registration number;
- Description of confusion; and
- Requested action.
Please send notice of alleged copyright infringement to WOFICC at the following address: Word of Faith International Christian Center / Keith Butler Ministries, Attn: Legal Affairs, 20000 W. Nine Mile Road, Southfield, MI 48075.
● PRIVACY NOTICE REGARDING THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. While we respect your privacy, content on WOFICC’s Social Media is in a public forum, and WOFICC cannot guarantee the privacy or security of information that users may post on the WOFICC page of the social media website host. To protect your or others’ privacy, please do not disclose personally identifiable information or sensitive personal information about yourself or others (for example, social security number, driver’s license number, date of birth, mother’s maiden name, physical or mental health-related information). If you are looking for the official and most comprehensive source of information about WOFICC, please visit our official website at http://wordoffaith.cc.
- JURISDICTION/GOVERNING LAW. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan, USA, and applicable U.S. federal laws, without regard to conflicts of law principles. By using the Site and/or Social Media, you agree that exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any and all disputes, claims, proceedings, lawsuits, or causes of action relating to or arising from the Site, Social Media, and these terms, conditions and privacy policies, shall be in the state or federal courts of Wayne County, Michigan, USA.
- DISCLAIMER. All information contained in the Site and/or Social Media is strictly for conducting the ministry purposes of the organization, and for purposes relating thereto. In no way is WOFICC connected with any secular entity that may have similar names, products, etc. Any similarities between products of WOFICC’s and other entities are simply a coincidence.
- NOTICE REGARDING FILMING AND BROADCAST. Church services are filmed and broadcast via TV and the Internet, and photographs of church attendees may be displayed in printed publications or in electronic format such as on the Site or in Social Media.
- CHALLENGE GROUPS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND CONSENT (only applicable to users who have separately enrolled as a host of WOFICC’s “Challenge Groups”):
Release and Waiver of Liability
I understand that I am enrolling in the WOFICC Challenge Groups as a host. Knowing all of these things, I, in full recognition and appreciation of the dangers and risks inherent in group activities, do hereby waive, release and forever discharge WOFICC, its officers, agents, volunteers, employees and assigns, from and against any and all claims, demands, action or causes of action for costs, expenses or damages to personal property or personal injury, or death, which may result from my hosting WOFICC Challenge Groups, excluding such that arises from the gross negligence or willful, wanton acts of the same.
Sharing of Information
As host, I agree to inform those within my group that if he or she chooses to post items on the Site or Social Media, or any other form of media, or leave comments (e.g., in user forums), he or she is granting WOFICC a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unlimited, royalty-free right and license to edit, revise, post and re-post such comments, and to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute such comments in any format or type of media. I will inform those that participate in my group that there is no expectation of confidentiality or privacy related to any posting, writing, verbal or other communications that he or she shares with or in WOFICC Challenge Groups. I will inform those in my group to not divulge, publish, or otherwise make known any information obtained in or shared with the group that he or she does not want shared with others.